Morrow, a village and a parish in Surrey. The village-stands under downs of its own name, 2½ miles ENE of Guildford station on the L. & S.W.R., with a post, money order, and telegraph office under Guildford. Acreage of parish, 1629; population, 1293. The parish council, under the Local Government Act, 1894, consists of nine members. Part of the land was once royal demesne, and most belongs now to Earl Onslow. A large portion is open down. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £196 with residence. Patron, Earl Onslow. The church was rebuilt in 1842, and restored and enlarged in 1881; consists of nave, N and S aisles, transept, and chancel, with tower and spire. The S transept, formerly used by the Onslow family as a burying-place, has been restored by the present Earl for the use of the congregation, and a large vault in the churchyard is now used as the family burying-place. There is a Congregational chapel.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.