Longcross, an ecclesiastical parish, with a small village, in Chertsey parish, Surrey, in the middle of the heaths, 3½ miles W of Chertsey town and station on the L. & S.W.R. It was constituted in 1847, and has a post and money order office under Chertsey; telegraph office, Virginia Water. For parish council purposes it is now part of the urban district of Chertsey. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; value, £190.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Longcross are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.