Kenley, a pretty village situated in Caterham Valley, and an ecclesiastical parish in Surrey. It has a station on the S.E.R., 15 miles from London, and a post, money order, and telegraph office. Population of ecclesiastical parish, 918. The church is a building in the Early Geometric style. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester; gross value, £320. Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. Kenley House is a chief residence. For the purposes of the Parish Councils Act, the parish is included in the ancient parish of Conlsdon.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Kenley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.