Hatcham, a manor in Deptford St Paul parish, Surrey, 2 miles SW by W of Deptford, and on the L.B. & S.C.R., on which it has a station. It was known at Domesday as Hache-ham, and it was held by the Brixi, who gave name to Brixton Hundred. See also LONDON.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Greenwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hatcham from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.