Ham Haw or Ham House, Surrey

Historical Description

Ham Haw or Ham House, a quondam seat on the N border of Surrey, near the confluence of the Wey and the Thames, in the vicinity of Weybridge. It belonged to the Howards, was given by James II. to Catherine Sedley, passed to the Earl of Portmore, and now belongs to the Dysart family. It was suffered, some time ago, to pass into decay and neglect, and it has completely disappeared, but some fine old cedars which adorned its grounds still remain.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.