Guildford St Mary, Surrey
St. Mary is an ecclesiastical parish, in the municipal borough of Guildford, Surrey. The Church stands on the declivity of the hill a little south of High Street; is supposed to have been built by some of the Testard family; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a chapel having semicircular apses on each side of the chancel, which itself had originally a semicircular apse; has a tower resting on four open arches; includes Norman and Early English parts in irregular connection with later portions; underwent restoration in 1862, and has some good stained glass windows. The living is a rectory, united with Guildford Holy Trinity, in the diocese of Winchester, value, £260 with residence. The area of St. Mary is 35 acres; population, 1520.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.