Grafham, an ecclesiastical parish in Bramley parish, Surrey, 5 miles S of the county and post town of Guildford, and about the same distance SE of Godalming, on the L. & S.W.R. It is one of the loveliest places in the county. It was constituted in 1863. Population, 406. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; value, £80 with residence. The church was built in 1864, and is in the Early English style.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Grafham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.