Felbridge, Surrey

Historical Description

Felbridge, a parochial chapelry in Surrey, on a brook of its own name, 2 miles NW of East Grinstead station on the L.B. & S.C.R. It has a post office under East Grinstead;-money order and telegraph office, East Grinstead. Population, 336. Felbridge Place is a seat of the Gatty family— The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester; net value, £100 with residence. The church was built in 1865.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Felbridge are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictTandridge
CountySurrey
RegionSouth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtRH19
Post TownEast Grinstead