Farley, a parish in Surrey, 2¼ miles NE from Upper Warlingham station on a joint branch of the L.B. & S.C.R., and the S.E.R., and 5 SE by S from Croydon. Post town, Whyteleafe (S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Upper Warlingham. Acreage, 1051; population, 110. There is a good deal of common land. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester, and the church is Norman and Early English.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Farley St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Godstone|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Farley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Farley, or Farleigh (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.