Englefield Green, Surrey

Historical Description

Englefield Green, a chapelry in Egham parish, Surrey, near the boundary with Berks, the river Thames, and 1 mile from Egham station on the L.& S.W.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Staines. The statistics are returned with the parish, and the living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Egham.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Englefield Green are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictRunnymede
CountySurrey
RegionSouth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtTW20
Post TownEgham