Eashing, High and Low, two tithings in Godalming parish, Surrey, on the river Wey, 1 mile W of Godalming, which is the post, money order, and telegraph office. Eashing House belonged formerly to the Titchbournes.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Guildford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eashing from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Eashing are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.