Cuddington, Surrey

Historical Description

Cuddington, a parish in Surrey, 1 mile NNE of Ewell station on the L. & S.W.R. Post town, Worcester Park. Acreage, 1860; population, 516. Nonsuch Palace, noticed in our article Cheam, was here. The parish ranks ecclesiastically as part of Ewell, and is an incumbency in the diocese of Winchester; value, £200. The church was erected in 1894.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Surrey
Ecclesiastical parish Cuddington St. Mary
Hundred Copthorne and Effingham
Poor Law union Epsom

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Cuddington from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.