Burgham, Surrey

Historical Description

Burgham, a tithing in Worplesdon parish, Surrey, near the Guildford and New Portsmouth railway, 2 miles NNW of Guildford. A church was built here in 1860 in the Early English style, at a cost of £967.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Surrey
Civil parish Worplesdon
Hundred Woking
Poor Law union Guildford

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Burgham from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.