Blindley Heath, Surrey
Blindley-Heath, a chapelry in Godstone parish, Surrey, 1¼ mile from Godstone station on the S.E.R., and 5¾ N by W of East Grinstead. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Redhill. Population, 1051. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester; value, £170. Patron, the Vicar of Godstone.
The register dates from the year 1842.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Church of England
St. John the Evangelist (parish church)
The church of St. John the Evangelist is a modern building of stone, in the Early English style, and has a tower with spire containing one bell: the church was enlarged and restored in 1886, and has 300 sittings.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Online maps of Blindley Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.