Anerley or Annerley, a village on the L.B. & S.C.R., 8 miles from London, and very near the Crystal Palace, and a mile SSW of Sydenham, Surrey. It is within the jurisdiction of the Central Criminal Court and Metropolitan Police, and within the parliamentary borough of Camberwell, as created under the Redistribution of Seats Act, 1885, and is also now included in the County of London as constituted by the Local Government Act. 1888. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office. The area and population are included with Penge. Holy Trinity is an ecclesiastical parish, formed 1 Nov., 1873, out of St John's, Penge. The church was built in 1878, and is a fine red-brick building, with stone dressings. The living is a vicarage; value, £500. There is a Congregational church, with sittings for 1300 persons.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Surrey History Centre, have images of the Parish Registers for Surrey online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Surrey is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.