Tellisford or Telsford, Somerset
Tellisford or Telsford, a parish in Somerset, 4 miles S ly E of Freshford station on the G.W.R. Post town, Bath; money order and telegraph office, Road. Acreage, 698; population, 62. There is a flock-mill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; net value, £190 with residence. The church is in the Gothic style, and has been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Tellisford All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Frome|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tellisford or Telsford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tellisford (All Saints))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.