Taunton St James, Somerset
St James' Church was the church of an Augustinian priory founded in 1127, is of Later English date, and has a very fine tower which was rebuilt in 1870; the whole building was well restored in 1884. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £310 with residence. A chapel belonging to the same priory, and of Early Decorated date, stands on Priory Farm, and is now used as a barn and stables. Population of St James, 5909.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online: