Stone Easton, Somerset
Stone Easton, a parish, with a village, in Somerset, under the Mendip Hills, 4½ miles W by S of Radstock, and 2 from Hallatrow station on the G.W.R. It has a post office under Bath; money order office, Chewton Mendip; telegraph office, Paulton. Acreage, 1430; population of the civil parish, 373; of the ecclesiastical, 935. The living is a vicarage, united with Farrington Gurney, in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £120 with residence. The church is ancient, and was thoroughly restored in 1891.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Clutton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stone Easton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stone-Easton)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.