Stavordale, Somerset

Historical Description

Stavordale, a place adjacent to Bruton, in Somerset. It gives the title of Viscount to the Earl of Ilchester, and it had an Augnstinian canonry, founded in the time of Henry III., rebuilt in 1443, and now partly destroyed and partly incorporated with a farmhouse.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.