Redlynch, Somerset

Historical Description

Redlynch, a chapelry in Bruton parish, Somerset, 1½ mile SE by S of Bruton station on the G.W.R. Post town, Bruton, under Bath. Population, 117. Redlynch Park is a seat of the Earl of Ilchester. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £60. There is an ancient chapel of stone and concrete.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Somersetshire
Civil parish Bruton
Hundred Bruton
Poor Law union Wincanton

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Redlynch from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Redlynch are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictSouth Somerset
CountySomerset
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtBA10
Post TownBruton
Bruton