Kingweston, a parish in Somerset, 3 miles NE of Somer-ton, and 5 from Glastonbury station on the Somerset and Dorset Joint railway. Post town and money order office, Somerton; telegraph office, Butleigh. Acreage, 1244; population, 121. The manor, with Kingweston House, belongs to the Dicklnson family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £130 with residence. The church was built in 1855, is in the Decorated style, and comprises nave, chancel, porch, and lofty spire with clock.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Kingweston All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Langport|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kingweston from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Kingweston (All Saints))
Online maps of Kingweston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.