Kingston Seymour, Somerset

Historical Description

Kingston Seymour, a parish, with a village, in Somerset, on the coast, 2½ miles W of Yatton station on the G.W.R., and 3½ S by E of Clevedon. Post town, Yatton, Somerset. Acreage, 2664 of land and 347 of water and foreshore; population, 252. The manor house was built in the time of Edward IV., but has been restored and greatly modernised. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £390 with residence. The church was thoroughly restored in 1865, and comprises nave, aisle, chancel, and porch, with tower and small spire.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Somersetshire
Ecclesiastical parish Kingston-Seymour All Saints
Hundred Chewton
Poor Law union Bedminster

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Kingston Seymour from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Kingston Seymour are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.

CountyNorth Somerset
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtBS21
Post TownClevedon
Clevedon St Andrew
Kenn
Yatton