Horrington, a chapelry in Wells St Cuthbert parish, Somerset, 2 miles E of Wells city and station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1844, and includes the tithings of East Horrington and Chilcot. Post town, Wells, Somerset. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 1321, The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £290 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Wells. The church was built in 1838.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Wells St Cuthbert|
|Poor Law union||Wells|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Horrington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Horrington, East and West)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.