Eastover, Somerset

Historical Description

Eastover, a chapelry in Bridgwater parish, Somerset, near Bridgwater town and railway station. It was constituted in 1846, and its post town is Bridgwater. It is now entirely merged in the town of Bridgwater.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.


Maps

Online maps of Eastover are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictSedgemoor
CountySomerset
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtTA6
Post TownBridgwater