East Lambrook, Somerset
Lambrook, East, a chapelry in Kingsbury Episcopi parish, Somerset, on the river Parrett, 2 miles W of Mar-tock station on the G.W.R., and 5½ NE of Ilminster. Post town, Ilminster; money order and telegraph office, Martock. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £130 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Wells. The church is ancient, and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Kingsbury Episcopi|
|Ecclesiastical parish||East Lambrook St. James|
|Poor Law union||Langport|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Lambrook from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Lambrook, East (St. James))
Online maps of East Lambrook are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.