Corston, Somerset

Historical Description

Corston, a parish in Somerset, on the G.W.R., adjacent to the river Avon, about 1 mile SW of Saltford station, and 3 miles W of Bath. It has a post office under Saltford (R.S.Q.); money order and telegraph office, Tiverton-on-Avon. Acreage, 1217; population, 369. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £130. Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is Early English, consists of nave and chancel with a tower, and is in good condition. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Maps

Online maps of Corston are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.

CountyBath and North East Somerset
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtBA2
Post TownBath