Cleeve, an ecclesiastical parish constituted in 1843, near Yatton, Somerset, 3 miles from the Yatton and Nailsea stations on the G.W.R., and 7¼ N of Axbridge. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Yatton. Population, 336. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; value, £260. Patron, the Vicar of Yatton. The church is very good.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Online maps of Cleeve are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.