Cathanger cum Stowey, Somerset
Cathanger-cum-Stowey, a tithing in Fivehead parish, Somersetshire, 4½ miles SW of Langport.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Hundred||Abdick and Bulstone|
|Poor Law union||Langport|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cathanger cum Stowey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Cathanger, with Stowey)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.