Buckland Denham, Somerset
Buckland-Denham, a village and a parish in Somerset. The village stands on a hill, 3½ miles NNW of Frome railway station, and has a post office under Frome, which is the money order and telegraph office. It was formerly a market-town. The parish comprises 1432 acres; population, 428. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells; net value, £182 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church has been restored. There is also a Wesleyan chapel
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Buckland-Denham St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Frome|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Somerset Archives & Local Studies, have images of the Parish Registers for Somerset online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Buckland Denham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Buckland-Denham (St. Mary))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:
- Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette
- Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser
- Western Gazette
- Wells Journal
- Somerset County Gazette
The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.