Grimsbury, Old and New, Northamptonshire
Grimsbury, Old and New, are hamlets which formerly were in Warkworth parish, Northamptonshire, but which were transferred in 1889 to the parish of Bodicote, Oxfordshire. They are contiguous to the river Cherwell, and in the eastern vicinity of Banbury, of which municipal borough they form part. The Banbury Gas and Water Companies have their works here, and the Banbury Sewage Farm and the Banbury stations of the G.W.R. and L. & N.W.R. are in the parish. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Banbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with the Northamptonshire Record Office, have images of the Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Grimsbury, Old and New from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Northamptonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: