Beesby in the Marsh, Lincolnshire
Beesby-in-the-Marsh, a parish in Lincolnshire, 3 miles NNE of Alford station on the G.N.R. It has a post office under Alford, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1200 ; population, 127. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln ; net yearly value, £315 with residence. The church, originally an ancient building dating from the 12th century, and said to have been rebuilt in 1841, was in such a dilapidated state that it was restored in 1889. The south wall of the nave was rebuilt on a fresh foundation, new windows were put in throughout, and the whole of the interior restored. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Beesby-in-the Marsh St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Beesby 1565-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Beesby:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Beesby in the Marsh from the following:
Online maps of Beesby in the Marsh are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: