Leicester St Mark the Evangelist, Leicestershire
St. Mark the Evangelist's is an ecclesiastical parish, formed 13 Aug. 1872, from the civil parish of St. Margaret, Leicester.
The register dates from the year 1872.
Findmypast, in association with the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, have the following parish records online for Leicester, St Mark's:
The church, in Belgrave gate, erected in 1872, at the sole cost of W. Perry Herrick esq. and Mis. M. A. Herrick, is principally of granite in the Early English style, and consists of apsidal chancel, clerestoried nave, transepts, aisles, south and west porches, and a fine tower at the south-east angle, with spire and containing 8 bells: the east windows and others are stained and the interior is richly decorated: the ceiling of the nave is also decorated, and round the church, beneath the clerestory windows and under the wall plates, are various inscriptions: in 1903 the church was extended westward and the interior restored: there are 1,000 sittings.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: