Wroxall, Isle of Wight

Historical Description

Wroxall, a village, with a station on the Isle of Wight railway, in the SE of the Isle of Wight, 1½ mile N of Ventnor. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office. The village is increasing in size and importance, and has now the* appearance of a small town. The living is annexed to Newchurch. The church, erected in 1875, is a small cruciform building of stone in the Early English style. There are Primitive Methodist and Bible Christian chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Wroxall are available from a number of sites:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.

CountyIsle of Wight
RegionSouth East
CountryEngland
Postal districtPO38
Post TownVentnor