Monks Bay, Isle of Wight

Historical Description

Monks Bay, a cove on the SE coast of the Isle of Wight, 1½ mile E by N of Ventnor. It was the landing-place of one of the three detachments of the French invading force in 1545.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Monks Bay are available from a number of sites: