Woodham Walter, Essex
Woodham Walter, a pleasant village and a parish in Essex, 3 miles W of West Maldon station ou the G.E.R., and 8 E from Chelmsford. There is a post office under Maldon; money order and telegraph office, Maldon. Acreage, 2621; population, 491. The manor belongs to the Bird family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £399 with residence. The church was built in 1562, and is a building of brick in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, N aisles, N porch, and wooden belfry with spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Woodham-Walter St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Maldon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woodham Walter from the following:
Online maps of Woodham Walter are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: