Woodford Wells, Essex
Woodford Wells is a consolidated chapelry, constituted in 1875, and a village in Woodford St Mary parish, Essex. There is a large metropolitan police station in the village. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £400. The church, erected in 1873-74 at a cost of £6000, is a building of stone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, N transept, aisles, and S porch.
Online maps of Woodford Wells are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: