Victoria Docks, Essex
Victoria Docks, two ecclesiastical parishes in West Ham civil parish, Essex, on the river Thames and on the North Woolwich branch of the G.E.R., nearly opposite Woolwich, and 2 ½ miles SSE of Stratford. The parish of St Mark, formed in 1862, has a population of 7676. It includes Silver-ton, which is described under that heading. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £410 with residence, in the gift of the Corporation of London. The parish of St Luke was formed in 1875, and has a population of 29,381. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £666, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor. The district is densely populated and busy, and several important manufactures are carried on. The Victoria Docks are noticed under LONDON.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: