Sutton, a parish in Essex, 1 mile SE from Rochford, and 2 ¼ miles N of Southend stations on the G.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Rochford. Acreage, 700; population, 156. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £188. The church, which was well restored in 1869, is a building of stone in the Early English and Decorated styles, consisting of chancel, nave, S porch, and a western tower and spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Rochford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sutton from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: