Stow St Mary, Essex
Stow Maries or Stow St Mary, a parish in Essex, 7 miles S by W of Maldon, and 1 ½ mile E from Cold Norton station on the Maldon branch of the G.E.R. It has a post and money order office under Maldon; telegraph office, Latchingdon. Acreage, 1619; population of the civil parish, 176; of the ecclesiastical, 195. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £500 with residence. The church is an ancient building in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, S porch, and a wooden belfry.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stow-Maries St. Mary and St. Margaret|
|Poor Law union||Maldon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stow St Mary from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: