Stanway St Albright, Essex
Stanway St Albright, a village and a parish in Essex. The village, which takes its name from its situation on the Roman stoneway, stands 1 ½ mile E of Marks Tey station on the G.E.R., and 4 W by S of Colchester, and has a post office under Colchester; money order and telegraph office, Marks Tey. The parish contains Lexden and Winstree workhouse, and comprises 3328 acres; population, 1104. It has a fair on April 23. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £1372 with residence. Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church is a small but ancient building of stone of the Early Norman period, consisting of chancel, nave, S aisle, N porch, and wooden bell turret. See also STANWAY ALL SAINTS.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: