Sewardstone, a hamlet in Waltham Abbey parish, Essex, 2 miles S from Waltham Abbey, 2 ½ S from Waltham Cross station of the G.E.R., and 3 ½ N from Chingford station on the G.E.R. It contains Sewardstone Lodge, Gilwell Park, and Balcony House. Post town, Chingford; money order and telegraph office, Waltham Abbey.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Waltham Abbey|
|Poor Law union||Edmonton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sewardstone from the following:
Online maps of Sewardstone are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: