Ramsden Crays, Essex
Ramsden Crays, a village and a parish in Essex, on the river Crouch, 3 miles ESE of Billericay station on the G.E.R. Post town, Brentwood; money order and telegraph office, Biliericay. Acreage, 1457; population, 195. The manor belongs to the Davies family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £240. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, S porch, and a western tower with spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Ramsdon-Crays St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ramsden Crays from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: