Pattiswick, Pateswick, or Parswick, a village and a parish in Essex. The village stands near the river Black-water, 2 ½ miles WNW of Coggeshall and 3 ½ E by N of Braintree station on the G.E.R. Post town, Braintree; money order and telegraph office, Coggeshall. The parish comprises 1337 acres; population of the civil parish, 341; of the ecclesiastical, 338. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The manor belongs to the Bishop of London. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £153 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church, which stands on a pleasant green, is a small plain building of stone, in the Gothic style of the 14th century. It was partially restored in 1882.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Pattiswick St. Mary Magdalene|
|Poor Law union||Braintree|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Parswick from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: