North Shoebury, Essex
Shoebury, North, a parish in Essex, on the coast, 3 miles E of Southend,and 1 ½ mile N from Shoeburyness terminal station on the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway. It has a post office under Southend-on-Sea; money order and telegraph office, Shoeburyness. Acreage, 1103; population, 184. The manor belongs to the Welch family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £96 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is an ancient edifice of stone, chiefly in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, S porch, and a western tower with shingled spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||North Shoebury St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Rochford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for North Shoebury from the following:
Online maps of North Shoebury are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: