Nevendon or Newendon, a parish in Essex, 2 ½ miles N by W of Pitsea station on the London, Tilbury, and South-end railway, and 4 ½ SE of Billericay. It has a post office under Battles Bridge (S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Wickford. Acreage, 1013; population, 149. The manor appears on record so early as the time of Edward the Confessor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £141 with residence. The church, a building of stone in the Early English style, comprises nave and chancel, and was thoroughly restored in 1875.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Nevendon St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newendon from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: