Little Yeldham, Essex
Yeldham, Little or Upper, a parish in Essex, 1 ¾ mile NE of Yeldham station on the Colne Valley branch of the G.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Great Yeldham, under Halstead. Acreage, 1009; population, 264. The manor belongs to the Gardiner family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £213 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a small building of flint in the Early English style, and contains a piscina and two bells of 1678 date.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Halsted|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Yeldham from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Essex is available to browse.
Online maps of Little Yeldham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: