Little Woodham, Essex
Woodham Mortimer or Little Woodham, a parish in Essex, 2 miles SW from West Maldon station on the G.E.R., and 7 E from Chelmsford. It has a post office under Maldon; money order and telegraph office, Maldon. Acreage, 1386, population, 298. The manor belongs to the Round family. Woodham Mortimer Place is a chief residence. Woodham Mortimer Hall adjoining the church was the residence of the celebrated Dr. Chamberlain, to whose memory a monument with a very elaborate inscription stands in the churchyard. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £271 with residence. The church, with the exception of the south wall and east end, was rebuilt in 1892.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: