Little Wigborough, Essex
Wigborough, Little, a parish in Essex, 1 mile SE of Great Wigborough. Post town, Peldon, under Colchester; money order and telegraph office, Tolleshnnt D'Arcy. Acreage, 1104; population of the civil parish, 84; of the ecclesiastical, with Great Wigborough, 413. The manor belongs to the Charterhouse, London. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans, annexed to that of Great Wigborough. The church, which stands near the seashore, is a building of stone in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Wigborough St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Lexden and Winstree|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Wigborough from the following:
Online maps of Little Wigborough are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: