Little Totham, Essex
Totham, Little, a parish in Essex, 2 ½ miles ENE of Maldon station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Witham; money order and telegraph office, Tolleshunt D'Arcy. Acreage, 1294; population of the civil parish, 323; of the ecclesiastical, with Goldhanger, 812. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The manor belongs to the Bawtree family. The living is a rectory, annexed to Goldhanger, in the diocese of St Albans; joint gross yearly value, £915. The church is a small but ancient building in the Norman style, consisting of chancel, nave, S porch, and a western tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Totham All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Maldon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Totham from the following:
Online maps of Little Totham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: