Little Parndon, Essex
Parndon, Little, a village and a parish in Essex, on the river Stort and on the G.E.R., at the boundary with Cambridgeshire, 1 mile WSW of Burnt Mill station, and 1 ½ N by E of Great Parndon village. Post town and money order office, Harlow; telegraph office, Netteswell Cross. Acreage of parish, 524; population, 99. Parndon Hall is a fine modern mansion of red brick, standing in its own grounds on the road from Harlow to Roydon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £170 with residence. The church, which was rebuilt in 1868, is a small building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, organ chamber, N vestry, S porch, and a western belfry.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Parndon St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Epping|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Parndon from the following:
Online maps of Little Parndon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: